Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick or Treat!

Treat...

Yesterday, I was dressing Sonja in her costume and wishing that I had my camera. I left the house for a little bit to help move our office to our new location and when I returned there was a box sitting on my back step. Wishes do come true!! :) It was A camera! It wasn't our camera, but a new refurbished camera that Canon sent us. They were back logged so far in repairing cameras (there was a recent recall) that they decided to send out cameras that were done and needed an owner so that we could get a camera sooner! It is nice and it is very similar to the one we had the only bummer - they take totally different memory cards and so the cards that I have won't work in it! I'm going to clean them of pictures and try and sell them.

On to the Trick... So I don't spend a lot of time or energy on Halloween, but I do in preparing the candy. Our church supports us by offering candy stickers and postcards to pass out with our candy, that direct people to the church's website and invite parents and kids to our monthly program that we put on. So this year I went and got regular sized chocolate candy bars and taped the postcard to one side of it and the sticker to the other. I prayed that God would use them to reach families in hopes that they would be interested to find out what our church has to offer and more importantly what God has for them.

So my bars are ready and it's time to pass them out. Maybe 7 children show up before 7pm and then NOTHING for another hour and half! I was bummed, I have like 30 some bars to pass out! So I start to shut down for the evening it is after 8pm, my husband is on his way with Nicolai back home and just as I'm going to turn the light off, we get at least seven more that came to the door! So it wasn't 30 children, but at least 14 received a healthy sized bar and an invitation to a fun, zany event!

All who serve in our program do an amazing job. They give of themselves and serve those that do show up. I'm praying that this coming Sunday we pack the house!

I hope that you and your little Trick or Treater had a great night! Here's some photos of ours...

Nico and Sonja


Nico was Anakin Skywalker




Little Miss Bumble Bee!


Watch out for her stinger!!


8 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a good night! what did Nico dress as? Can't wait to see the pictures!

Emily

Greta Jo said...

What a cute little bee.
I am glad you had some trick or treaters.

Jenny and Matt said...

I love Nico's poses as Anakin!

Emily said...

Those are soooo cute!! I especially like the little stinger on Sonja's costume.

Our Family of 5 said...

oh my goodness, how adorable!

Anonymous said...

Grams and Gramps think their little Anakin Skywalker and Baby Bumble Bee are absolutely the most adorable trick or treaters. Thanks for the great pix. G

Crystal said...

awww Lori --How sweet are your children?!!! I love these photos!! And I love the new look girlie!! I hope your week is great!!! much love to you and your family!!--I am thinking about you!!!!! xoxoxo

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...