Sunday, April 09, 2023

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday. 

Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having to make a meal, to making sure the kids were dress in their best and always having to serve at church. It was stressed filled for me. Now that the kids are older and Joel and I currently live separately. Holidays have taken on a new life. 

My husband was able to be in MN for this weekend. We celebrated his birthday yesterday and today Easter. We ended up going to our son's church in Fargo. Very nice services. We actually went to Good Friday service with him as well. Sonja had to work today, but she joined us for Good Friday. 

I'll be totally transparent, it has been surreal for me. You see my flesh and the devil wants to feed me lies and hold me back. Our son had a whole different life previously. As a kid he was immersed in church and christian life. As a child he accepted Jesus, as well as he could accept and understand. Then life turned and he chose poor choices that honestly affected almost every aspect of our lives. Finances, physical items that certainly are replaceable and emotionally. I should be overjoyed and thrilled with his latest life choices. Don't get me wrong, I am! 

He is attending his church at least twice a week if not more. He reads his bible, takes notes and attends a bible study outside of church. I should be overjoyed! And I am but there is this nagging thing that holds me back. I believe it is satan. Thoughts of his old life and old ways keep me held back. I think that he is going to trip up and go back to the way things were. So this Good Friday, I asked God to take those insecurities in me, take the thing away that is holding me back from experiencing His joy and the joy in experiencing our son choosing God over old ways. 

Praise the Father, Praise the Son, Praise the spirit three in one! I praise God for the new life and the new choices. Is life picture perfect? No, there is still growth to be had and there is wiser choices to be made, but life has moved forward extremely far and fast. Pray with me that Satan's thoughts would be squashed and that I could enjoy the new faith and new choices my son is making. Maybe this should have been called prodigal son. 

Enjoy your Easter and Praise God for all we have and how far we have come!

No comments:

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...