Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy, Proud Aunt!

School let out mid May here in SD and I feel like I have been running ever since! I had the opportunity to see my niece, Emily, graduate from High School. She is the niece that lost her vision at the age of 16. Some of you were praying for her!



I had an adventurous flight down to August, GA, but finally arrived at ten in the evening on Tuesday, May 31. On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to meet a blogger/ now Facebook friend for the first time. It was so fun to connect after having chatted online for over four years!

On Thursday, my sister and two nieces were treated to a pedicure! That was fun! Then we went home and got ready for Emily's graduation. Emily was the last to get called up. Her name is at the end of the line! When her name was called all of her classmates, faculty and some of the audience had stood up and gave her a standing ovation! Incredible!! I am so proud of her perseverance and accomplishments!

Friday, we prepped food and decorations for her party which was held on the next day. My sister and Emily's Mom had commissioned me to make Emily's Graduation announcements and centerpieces. I had so much fun!





My sister had me use some of the hydrangea's from her landscaping. They turned out so pretty!

I had so much fun reconnecting with my sister and her family. It had been over four years since I had been to her home. It was hot, but it was fun to be down there!

I even got to meet our dog's cousin, Woody! Woody is my sister's dog.

Woody is on the Left and Tory (our dog) is on the Right! I think they would get along!




Thanks Janet and Emily for allowing me to be apart of your special day! I am so honored!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Wow. What an accomplishment for such a lovely young woman. I am sure that God has amazing plans for her. So nice to keep up with you through facebook and blog even tho we have never met. J

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...