Monday, September 29, 2008

Meeting new friends....

That I have known via Internet for three years. About a week ago, my family had the opportunity to meet Heidi and her family. We met at Noodles and Co. for dinner and then took a stroll around a pond nearby. It was bizarre, cuz even though we had never met before, it felt as if we had known each other for a long time. I met Heidi and her husband when I happened upon their blog three years ago. Her husband is a Youth Pastor and they were starting the adoption adventure. Heidi and I became connected and started emailing each other with questions, answers and for support. After two adoptions and adjustments they are setting up for a new adventure...they are moving to England to serve at a church plant and reach out to the people there who have not yet met Jesus. They have a really cool story - hop on over to their website and read about it. AND if you can, maybe help them out a little! Here are some pictures of our meeting:


Myself and Heidi


Heidi, Elijah, Carter and Scott


Elijah, Sonja, Carter and Nicolai


Elijah and Nicolai (Nicolai whispered to me during dinner that he liked Elijah cause he had similar skin color and hair). He liked Carter just as much, but it's funny how innocent a comments kids can be!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

It was so much fun!! I'm glad we had the chance to do it. It does feel like we've known each other forever. Great pics- except of me, that is. I am soooooo not photogenic!

Mama Bear said...

Oh Lori, how cool is that??? I just had the opportunity as well with Leslie so know how much fun it is to meet in person.
Hugs, Rhonda

Mom said...

Thanks for the great pics. I don't think we hardly ever see pics of Heidi on her blog. Glad you two got to meet. :-)

Jane said...

nothing new...still waiting for referral. ssssiiiiiiigggggghhhhhh! I'm so not good at waiting. It has been nice to have the new eating pattern to distract me.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...