Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bowling in Heaven!

I know that I should not have probably made up this following story, but I was desperate at the time and now it has stuck!

I told Nicolai when he was probably three that the thunder and lightning was not anything to be afraid of, because it meant that Jesus and the angels were bowling in Heaven. When the thunder booms it means that someone threw the ball down the lane and when it lightnings out, it means that someone got a strike!

He no longer was afraid of the storms. He actually sleeps through them pretty well and doesn't freak out on us if he happens to be awake.

So this afternoon, it is storming and Nicolai mentioned, "whew someone got a good strike", after seeing the lightning strike in the sky! Without a worry he made that comment and kept on playing his game.

Some day, I will tell him the truth, if he doesn't figure it out by himself first!

3 comments:

Jane said...

lol...have you explained the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the Tooth Fairy to him yet? Poor kid....send him to me, I'll 'learn him write'! lol!!!

Alleen said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just telling Gabriella it was just the clouds clapping. I think I like the bowling in Heaven better!

Jamie said...

I laughed out loud when I read your explanation...because my Mom always told me the angels were bowling when it thundered! In fact, whenever the thunder starts, that's the first thing I think of!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...