Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hola from Ecuador

I just thought i would send off a quick note to all of you who are thinking of me and praying for me. Thank you for doing so. Things are going well. I got a little elevation sickness when I got here, but other than that, God has been protecting my tummy|

We have been working hard in the village of Penipe. The people are so loving and happy to be recieving a home of their own. Most of the people do not have a home, because the volcano has wiped it out. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to play with some children and tell them about Jesus. They didn´t want me to go. They kept clinging to me and so, therefore, the sweaty work was done for me in the afternoon.

Well it is about time for breakfast to be served, so I will need to go. Continue to pray for the village of Penipe and for our team.

Today we have the opportunity to dedicate a child. The mother approached me yesterday and asked if I would come to the Baptism and be the child´s God-Mother. I´ll be honest, I was a little overwhelmed with that, but we explained to her that we do baby dedications and so today we have the opportunity to dedicate this child and I´m committed to praying for her and her child.

Please pray for God´s hand in all of today´s work. MUCHOS GRACIAS, AMIGOS!

1 comment:

Mamita J said...

Lori,

:-D

May God bless your work there and this family and child.

Love,
Julie

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...