Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Must see movie!


Joel and I were able to get out for a few hours on Wednesday, November 21. We had premium free babysitting via Joel's parents - Thank you!!

Joel and I went to the Wednesday evening service, enjoyed a meal out and caught a movie.

The movie August Rush is a great movie! I recommend you see it. It is a little cheesy at times, especially the music parts when the guitarist is playing or performing, but all in all they did a great job!

Here's a description of the movie:

A charismatic young Irish guitarist (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a sheltered young cellist (Keri Russell) have a chance encounter one magical night (They were naughty) :) above New York's Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, orphaned by circumstance. Years later, performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger (Robin Williams) who gives him the name August Rush, the child (Freddie Highmore) uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth.

I can somewhat relate to this child. No, I'm no prodigy, nor do I feel like I have a connection to my bio-family. I do know what it is like to long for and want to know who your bio-parents are and long to even just see a picture of them. I can't remember the last time I "got lost" in a movie. You know what I mean? When everything around you is non-existing, you loose track of time and you get caught up in the movie?! That happened!

This child had such hope and perseverance in finding his parents and satisfying his connection with them. I understand the urgency he must have felt when wanting to know where his beginnings began.

Well, before I say too much....go see the movie! It is clean and a great movie to see! Enjoy!!

BTW - I do not want to promote this movie in any way, but want you to know that the Golden Compass is coming out soon - I DON'T WANT TO SEE OR SUPPORT!! I'm still researching, but the word on the street is: The movie itself is probably fine, but the books are written with the motivation of killing God. (The movie looks similar to Narnia style.) The movie's purpose is to get parents to buy the books, etc. Just thought you should know!

7 comments:

Miss Carrie said...

Lori - I would be happy to pick something up for you! Shoot me an email about it!

Heidi said...

I've been wanting to see August Rush since the first previews came out!! I just need to find a babysitter so we can go. I am also going to see Enchanted this weekend with some Jr. High girls, so I'll let you know how it is!

Emily said...

I have been wanting to see August Rush, I'm glad to hear that it was good. I've heard that about Golden Compass, or whatever it's called, too, I don't plan on seeing it either.

Greta Jo said...

Any good babysitters in NJ so I can go out and see August Rush?

I am glad you were able to have a date night!

Maxine said...

Thanks, Lori. I think I'd like to see this movie. Never heard of it. I have heard of the Golden Compass and I agree with you.

I did a movie review today, too. If you get a chance, come over.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I will have to wait until it comes out on video. No babysitter right now. I don't think Maya would enjoy it.

Sarah said...

I LOVED August Rush and it is literally the first "first run" movie I have seen since Sophie~Bug came home with the exception of Rattatoille (sp?). My 13 year old son and I had a date night and we came out in tears... simply a wonderful movie!

Sarah

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...