Friday, August 24, 2007

Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That!

My husband has been gone since Wednesday morning. He is with a group of guys from our church enjoying the BWCA. For those of you who don't know what BWCA is, it stands for Boundary Waters Canoe Area. It is in northern Minnesota and is a pristine wooded area that is protected from civilization. No motors, no technology of any kind. Just God's pure wilderness. It is very beautiful, but tiring. You need to portage (or carry) all of your camping needs and canoe across sections of land to reach the next lake or river. I have done it once and would love to go back. I'm not sure that I can go as far in as we did, but would love to spend some time up there. It's a blast! Especially with friends!!

More of this....

I just wanted to recap or close my entry on "Eyes Wide Shut". Anyone reading that post and feels that we do have an issue at our church, then I want to challenge you to think about your part. What is it that you can do to change our current situation?

A little bit of that....

Sonja and I have been hanging out for the last couple of days. Nico was excited to go up to Grandma and Grandpa's for a couple of days. We plan to see him Saturday evening some time. Hopefully sooner then real late!! He is spending some time with Jade who is a granddaughter to an Uncle and Aunt of ours that is spending a little time up there. They are from California. When I left them Nico and Jade were sitting on the couch watching a movie and "HOLDING HANDS"!! Help!! Jade had told her grandmother that they were back together again. OH MY GOODNESS - SHE IS ONLY 6 AND HE IS ONLY 7!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Nico tells us that girls think he's hot! I-koh-rumba!!

Sonja is playing with her "Dora" and musical toys. She loves pushing things, climbing and playing in the washer.



Apparently Teddy needed to get a bath.


Good thing I saw him or he would have been soaked!

4 comments:

Soltana said...

I know what you mean..Derek is "married" and has 2 girlfriends... these little heartbreeakers of ours...we're in some bigggggg trouble!!!

Jenny and Matt said...

Ahhh... I love the idea of getting out into nature and getting away from all of our 'stuff.'
Girl time at home sounds good, though, too! She is so cute!

Emily said...

That is so funny that Nico says that girls say he's hot. Man, they sure start young these days. I don't even say guys are hot! lol That picture of Sonja and Dora is so cute. That's good that you and Sonja could have some girl time. I know I love girl time with mom....and I'm a teenager!!
Tell everyone I said "Hi!"

Emily

Maxine said...

Hope you had a nice girl time--that's the best! Oh my goodness, that is too funny about Nico and Jade! Have fun, Mom!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...