Monday, June 11, 2007

A BIG Weekend!

Whew! What a whirlwind weekend! Friday evening Joel and I rediscovered what a date was! We went out for a nice dinner and a movie at the very cute and quaint Brickhouse Cinema. We saw Oceans 13! Good movie!!

THEN...on Saturday we went to Joel's brother, Jon's place to watch a movie and have some pizza. Jon has an 18ft. screen and theatre system. Yes - I said foot. If it's not - it's huge, regardless!!

THEN...after church on Sunday we ran to the Twins game. The Twins won 6 to 3! Whoo hoo!! Here are a few pictures from the day.


Stephanie and Samantha


Anne waiting for Sonja to feed her!


Chug - a -


LUG!!


Sonja, Joel and Nico

THEN...we headed to Joel's other brothers place, Tony, and had our tailgate party. Cathy, Tony's wife, made up a yummy meal as usual!


Christine (Jon's), Sonja (Joel's), Anne (Tony's) and Samantha (Dana's)

Joel has five other siblings and Dana is his sister from AZ. Samantha and Stephanie will be heading back to AZ this morning. We hope they had a great time. We had fun seeing them! Joel's parents now have 13 grandchildren and out of the 13 there are only four girls. We get pictures of them lined up every time they are together. This is the first one with Sonja in it!

Well there is our weekend!! Thanks to all of you who left encouraging comments regarding our having to wait two weeks! It will be OK. Joel's parents took Nico with them today and Joel will bring him home on Saturday. That was very nice of them. Nico loves going to Grandma and Grandpa's. He lives in the lake most of the week!

As far as my thing that I'm looking forward to... sorry! It's not that big of a deal, but I'm still waiting. I was hoping to have it last Friday or Saturday and it didn't show up! Hopefully this week!!

12 comments:

Bekah said...

I love those pictures of Sonja with that water bottle! So precious. She is ADORABLE! Glad you got to go on a date!!! I can't wait to see Oceans 13. Praying for your family!

Heidi said...

Sonja's hair is getting so long! I love it! So, was Oceans 13 better than Oceans 12? I didn't like Oceans 12 at all. But I'd be happy to see it if it meant I got to go out with my husband on a date!!!

Jenny and Matt said...

What a fun weekend! Now you need another weekend to recover!

JuJu - said...

looks like so much fun - date night - hhhhmmmmmmmmmm - nothing like it - sigh- glad you got one in :)

Julia:)

Jane said...

and I thought I had a busy weekend!

Nico will love being in the lake all week....just add water and boys are happy campers. The extra exercise will be good for him in this no meds time.

I'm praying for you!

Emily said...

Aunt Lori,
I think I know what the big thing you're waiting for is...but I won't say ;)

I want to see Ocean's 13 so bad. We have 11 and 12. I heard 13 was better than 12...I didn't really like 12. Anyways, thats great that you got to have a date night. I know my parents don't get those very often and love them when they do.

Those pics are so cute! Sonja is such a cutie! Nico is too with his big smile! Aww!!

Emily

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend!
Those pictures are soo cute! Sonja's gettin' big! Oh yeah...
GO TWINS!
Actually I did hear they won... haha

Maxine said...

What fun!!! Love all those pictures--as usual.
Now I'm ready to go to a baseball game--but I'm a Yankees fan.
GO YANKEES!!!!

Natalie said...

WOW...what a great weekend! I just went to Ocean's 13 tonight...LOVED it! Nothing like watching George Clooney on the big screen to cheer you up :)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Looks like you had a great time.

Crystal said...

LOri--I am convinced --you really are a professional photographer and we all don't know it!!! :O) To get those pics of Sonja drinking is amazing!!! I am cracking up at her --that picture is just too cute!!!!!! I am just dying over it!!! And her hair --oooh my goodness she has a ton!!!!!!!! I am loving it!!!!!!!!! She is such a dollbaby!!!!!!! I just love those pictures!!!!!!!!

Praying for you guys!!!!!!!! :O)

HollyGee said...

I love the pictures from the baseball game, they look professional. I also love Nico's little impish grin in the one picture:)

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...