Friday, April 06, 2007

True Love

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 (New International Version)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Good Friday is such a bittersweet day! It's hard to be happy about the death of our Savior, but yet I'm so thankful for His sacrifice. What a sad dark day when thinking about the pain and anguish that He endured. I think of the sadness that Jesus' mother must have felt seeing her son up on the cross. We can't even imagine it! He did it all for me! And for you! I thank MY GOD for what He has done for me. Praise the King!

5 comments:

Lori and Robby said...

Thank you for your post. I was bustling around today and needed to stop and think about the meaning of today.

Have a great Easter weekend!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the post:)

Andrea said...

Amen. I was watching The Passion of the Christ the other day and what struck me the most was Mary and her understanding. I would be FLIPPING out if something were happening to K. She's an incredible woman, and I hope to be just like her.

Thank you for the post.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for stopping me from not taking time to remember what today was all about. God's love is amazing and the fact that he laid down his life for us just still baffles me. I feel so undeserving

Maxine said...

Thanks, Lori, for bringing our thoughts to where they need to be. Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...