Friday, March 23, 2007

Blah!!

I'm feeling blah today!! Not much new going on in this household!! Sonja is doing really well, not walking yet, but is getting braver!! Nico and I continue to butt heads, but are working on that!! He's seven now and "knows" everything and Mom doesn't have a clue!! I'm going out with a friend tonight! It is greatly needed!!

People think that woman who physically don't have children, don't experience the baby blues!! Their wrong!! I can't say that I'm experiencing them now, this time is different! When we adopted Nico, I got the baby blues horribly!!! I was so depressed and didn't want to do anything, go anywhere and I turned to the old reliable REFRIGERATOR!!! Ugh!! I don't feel that way this time!! I realize that I need a breather from the normal routine, but that is just my personality! I need that adult interaction to refuel me. I think going out tonight will help!! And the refrigerator doesn't help anymore either!!! My opinion - in order to truly "be there" and be able to interact with your children, you need to first take care of yourself and well being. And taking "mini" breaks is what helps me. My strength in parenting definitely comes from My Creator!!! I couldn't do this without HIM!!

9 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Have a great night out, you deserve it!!!

Heidi said...

I think the adoption blues come when the adoption is completed and you don't have something you are working towards. You suddenly have this empty void, where you were once focusing all your strength, energy, and constant emotions. I know exactly how you feel!!! I've been there and fortunately it does get better with time!!!

Michelle Smiles said...

I definitely think being a good mom starts with taking good care of you. Have a great night out!

Natalie said...

You enjoy yourself tonight! It's always nice to take that "mini" break.

Crystal said...

ooooh Lori--you take care of yourself!!!! Being a mom is seriously the toughest job in the world!! I love ya girlie!!! I hope you have a blast out tonight!!!! hugs hugs hugs!!!

Kerry said...

Heidi shared my thoughts exactly! You are a WISE woman and we do need to take some time away to keep up our strength. It only makes us better, more patient Mommies. Parenting is the hardest job in the world. I don't understand why it's not widely accepted that we need a vacation from it sometimes!

Have a wonderful time tonight!

Maxine said...

I just saw this. You have probably gone out already--but hope you are having a nice time. I agree with what Heidi said. This happens with many big things which are going on in our lives. This too will pass. BTW, thanks for the nice comment you left at my daughter's today. Talk to you soon.

Beverly said...

Hi Lori,
Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! I read yours when I can, and have been rejoicing with you. I'll pray for you ... I hope you got a little "mommy time" as I like to call it! Yes, it is very necessary. You are right ... God is our strength.

Jennifer said...

That is awesome that you got some grown up girl time out. We all need that once in awhile.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...