Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Buenos Noches





Half way between Dallas and Guatemala!


My hubby listenin' to some tunes!!

Welcome to "Whau-ta-mala"!! Well we made it!! We are in our big beautiful room. They had to switch us from the executive floor to an end suite where it has got two rooms (living room/bedroom/two bathrooms)! Nice and big!! Oh it comes with a price, of course! We are seeing if we can get free internet in return!! The executive floor cannot have any babies on it!

We are excited to be here! Joel is anxious (as am I) to meet Sonja for the first time! I probably will cry my eyes out. Just as I did this morning and most of the way to Dallas! We woke Nico up to say goodbye and he started crying! Oh my goodness, it felt like someone ripped my heart out and tore it in half! He NEVER cries when we leave! NEVER!! That was the kicker!! I couldn't handle him crying! He is in good hands with the Grandparents! Friends and family are "on-call" if our parents need help! So he'll be fine, I just need to remind myself of that!!

Until tomm..... I have lots to do. I need to get this room ready for a baby and organize some clothes. Tomm. is a big day!!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

So glad you made it there safely! Tomorrow IS a big day...so exciting!

I'm sure that was extremely hard to leave Nico, but like you said, he's in good hands!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad that you made it safe and sound. I am so excited to know that you are bringing that baby girl home.

JuJu - said...

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you Lori!!

Julia:)

Alleen said...

Awwwwww. Nico will be just fine, but I'm sure it was hard leaving him.

I can't wait to see pics of you and your little princesa!

Kerry said...

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Post as soon as you can!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 15TH ANNIVERSARY IN QUATEMALA
Chilly here again, so Dad took a trip to Six to check the plumping. He left at 9:00 and called from there at 11:30. All is OK, but he was concerned about it after so many days of -zero temps. He'll be back here by 2:30. Quick trip!
Nico is great and being a very, very perfect big boy. We are having a fun time. He loved supper at W's last night. Really wolfed down her food. Thursday, so pizza night here tonight. Yum.
Enjoy your days there with Sonja. What a wonderful anniversary gift. It's an anniversary you'll never forget!
Love to you 3 from us 3--Abuela, Abuelo and Nico

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Sonja!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...