Thursday, January 25, 2007

Randomness

Restlessness sums up my evening last night! I kept tossing and turning and at one moment thought I was dreaming, but wasn't sure!! I woke up (or at least I thought) at about 2am, my gut welling with excitement and anxiety. We had gotten our fingerprinting done and got word that we had pink!! I was celebrating in my own mind! I wish it were true, but it was only a dream...........for now!! This process is starting to affect my sleep again. I pray that it doesn't, but how can it not! There is a child that I have fallen in love with that lives at least 3000 miles away. (I really don't know how far, but am guessing and know that it is too far!) She has been given to us as a gift from God. She is a miracle. She is perfect!

I tried thinking of other things, but the only thing that kept coming to mind is my phone conversation with my best friend from high school! We maybe have talked three times on the phone over the past 20 years, we swap Christmas cards and letters and occasionally have emailed, but other then that - it hasn't been much! Yet - when we do connect, it's as if 20 years hasn't even happened! We are laughing and remembering the good times and the good people in our lives. She called me last night to tell me her brother lost his battle with cancer on Jan. 9th. My heart aches for the family and close friends. Todd, her brother, as I remember him, was silly and full of life! He had over 240 to his funeral. He touched so many lives. My prayers and thoughts go out to my friend, Shelly and her family as they try to continue their lives without her beloved brother. Please keep them in your prayers. Future holidays, birthdays and family celebrations will be hard. My hope is that they focus on the good memories they had.

It was a restless night, but I do have peace that everything is going to be fine!

3 comments:

Joe Blow said...

Hi Lori and Joel, and Nico,
I'm thinkin' of you this morning. . . Oh, I see it's early afternoon already! I will say a prayer for you, Lori, that He will help you sleep better. Satan gets me in my dreams/sleep too. I will pray against his work. He has no rights to your heart, my friend! God speed to you all love, Mary Beth

The Charlebois said...

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

Phl 4:6-8 Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Anonymous said...

LOR,
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BLOG. DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THIS GETS TO YOU, BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING ME AND OUR FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS. IT FELT SO GOOD TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR ADOPTION. YOU TWO ARE GREAT PEOPLE. I FELT BETTER KNOWING THAT JUST AFTER TODD PASSED, YOU WERE BLESSED WITH YOUR ANSWER ON YOUR ADOPTION. I KNOW HE HAS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING. WE WILL KEEP THE FAITH AND KEEP IN TOUCH. LOVE YA, SHELLY B. SBUNDY@MCHSI.COM

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...