Thursday, August 31, 2006

Make A Wish!

Celebrating your own special day usually includes blowing out candles on a cake and then making a wish! Today I have several wishes. I wish:

~ To see our employees and their families have a personal relationship with Jesus.


~ To see our neighbors and friends who are not yet convinced to have a contagious and intimate relationship with Jesus.


~ To see my children grow physically and spiritually.


~ To have Sonja before November 2006.


~ To some day drive a Mini Cooper that was paid for with extra "fun" cash, because all of my bills are paid in full! (Hey, It's MY party!!)


Not only do I have specific wishes, I am grateful for many things. Here's a few:

~ For my wonderful husband who I continue to learn and grow with each day. (Thanks Babe for the fabulous dinner cruise down the St. Croix in Taylors Falls tonight!)

~ For friends and family who continue to support and love me, regardless of the ups or downs that life throws at me and despite my weaknesses or strengths.

~ For my son, who does bring me joy, even though we struggle from time to time.

~ For my future daughter, who brings smiles and tears to my eyes as I dream of her and wonder what her personality is like.

~ For my beloved Creator, who "thirty-something" years ago on this day made sure that I was brought into this world, was cared for and loved.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

One last wish: May God embrace you and overwhelm you with His love today!

7 comments:

margaret said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great day!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! I also hope that Sonja and Elijah come home before November. Come on PGN!!

Lori said...

Thanks Margaret - For the most part it was a pretty good day! The weather was perfect! I ran around doing errands, so it wasn't a big bang day, but a successful one nonetheless!

Thanks Scott and Heidi - I'm with ya'! Let's go PGN!!

QueenBee said...

Happy Belated bday!

Gayle said...

Lori,
Happy Bday! Everyone should take the time to celebrate and reflect on our day, the day we came to be.

Thank you for posting about Ben's pictures. Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever passes through his blog.

Have you gotten anything on Sonja?
Take care.
Gayle
Bensjourneyhome

Lori said...

Thanks Queenbee!

Thank you Gayle - Birthdays are special and they should be celebrated as such, unfortunately majority of the world around me conciders it "just another day"! Wake up people and celebrate the miracle of birth!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is late, but Hap Happy belated birthday! I love birthday's they are so exciting, no matter what you do or don't do, it's still your special day.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...