Sunday, April 30, 2006

Buttons, Bows & Prayers for Sonja

I'm shocked! I'm speechless! That is the way I have felt the last couple of weeks. A friend of ours approached me in church last Sunday and said that she was thinking about us and Sonja and couldn't pass up buying for her a little dress and hat. Today, she brought it in. How adorable! I can't wait to put it on her. Both Sundays while driving home, I was brought to tears thinking about the amazing gesture on their part. Not only do I have a dress and hat to hang up, stare at and dream with, but we have a great memory of friends who gave it.
We have been so blessed throughout this adoption. Two other couples in our church have approached us and given us money for the adoption. One couple, at the time, didn't have work and a steady income. Others have paid for Youth events and given in other ways, so that Joel and I can set aside what is needed to complete the adoption. Others have prayed and given encouraging words to help us get through the tough times of waiting and wondering. Another friend talked with her doctor and asked if she could get a backpack style diaper bag for me and all of the coupons and goodies that you get when you physically have a child. Thank you seems so little and just not enough! Thank you Margaret and "Gang" for the very adorable outfit! Thank you to all the others for your gifts of money, words of encouragement and prayers. I thank my God every time I remember you!! Philippians 1:3 (NIV) Thank you God for blessing us through our friends and family!

2 comments:

margaret said...

You're welcome! I just couldn't pass it up. Once we have a better idea of what size Sonja will be when she gets home I'll have some of Greta's hand-me-downs too (if you want them, that is.) :)

Lori said...

YES! Of course!! Thank you!!!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...