Friday, January 20, 2006

OUCH!

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything about this, until I was maybe seeing some serious changes or results. Well it is probably the 50th time in my life that I have picked up some form of physical excursion other then normal day to day activities! I recently signed up for a special that our local community center was having. The personal trainer there was offering 6 weeks of training for up to 10 people at a time and so therefore the cost was considerably lower and actually achievable. Now, I have worked out, I have done the any and all aerobics classes, I have done the many gamut of diets out there, I use to walk 4 miles a day at 5 am, but I never seem to reach my goal weight. I have been working on this for approximately 20 or so years. I certainly do struggle with being a plump plum! And I have given up on calling it my resolution for the year! Last night the personal trainer ran me through the weekly torcher and I am definitely sore! I can hardly move today! Oh and I lost 4lbs. Which I'm excited about, but it is hard to be too excited about, because I flux in my weight approx. 10lbs. by just looking at something like a pizza! Which I haven't had in two weeks - that is huge! We usually have pizza oh maybe 2 - 3 times a week. Which brings me to why I think this might be the break through I have been waiting for. I am focusing on eating better rather then dropping weight. I am incorporating more fruits and veges into my diet each day. I didn't realize that you need to have at least 4 fruits and 5 servings of veges A DAY! Have you tried it? That's a lot of food to try and fit in, especially in between all of the chocolate, chips and candy! ha - just kidding! I have cut out a lot of the junk. So hopefully I don't let myself down this time. Hopefully the change in eating habits will stick and I will not fall back to my "favorite junk"! I know that my goal weight won't happen within the 6 weeks, now 4 weeks and I know that it may take just over time, eating better and working out to achieve it!

3 comments:

Stephanie Balvin said...

WAY TO GO LORI- that's awesome. It's great that you shared this, now we can encourage your along the way and be your backboard when you want to talk about a craving or something. Dr. Phil will tell you that you need a support group. I am here for you friend! Hopefully someday I can join you at the community center. I need it!

QueenBee said...

Hmmm....very impressive she says as she eats another french fry. Keep up the good work!

Lori said...

Thanks for the encouragement Steph! I will need it when the pizza or chocolate cravings kick in! Thanks for being my support. I can't wait until you can join me in working out! Maybe the Q will have a gym of it's own someday!


Thanks Cindy - Have one or two fries for me! : )

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...