Friday, January 06, 2006

Celebrating the team!

Today my husband and I (or I should say our company) are taking 28 people (employees and spouses) out for dinner and then most of them to Triple Espresso. We are looking forward to a great time! I don't know why, but usually I get anxious about this evening. We have been doing this sort of celebrating for 8 or more years, yet I get anxious. Maybe it's because without fail someone in the group (usually a wife) complains about the food that they got or they just don't seem to be enjoying themselves. I know that it is not my responsibility for how their food turns out, since I'm not the one cooking or the fact that I'm not the one that owns the establishment that I have chosen to take us to. Regardless, I still am concerned for everyone's well being while at "our" party! Every year I pray the same prayer - it seems anyway, that God would be with us the entire evening, that His light would shine through Joel and I more powerful then ever, and that if the opportunity arises, that we would be in tune with that and that God would give us the boldness to share His wonderful gift. The parties in the past have always worked out, majority have seemed to enjoy themselves and the fact that everyone continues to attend them, must be a good reason to not be anxious! Thanks for reading my randomness today - now off to finish the candies I'm making for the dinner!
PS. We have an awesome team of guys and gals who work for us. We are grateful for them everyday and pray for those that don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, will someday soon!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Lori,
My name is Cindy..I read your comment on Cindy's blog. Is that confusing? Anyway, we are begining the process of adoption and I am thrilled to find your blog and am encouraged by your thoughts. Thanks for sharing. I will be praying for you!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...