Saturday, December 03, 2005

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas....

It has been a crazy busy week! I have been decorating, gift shopping, card making, letter creating, etc.. I love Christmas! My husband hung the icicle lights today and I spent almost two hours repairing two of the strands, I know - Crazy! They look very pretty though. Today I am enjoying the very simple things in life, such as the soft fluffy snow falling. Yesterday I had a near death mishap and Praise God He and only He kept me totally safe and secure. My husband and I were traveling approximately 45 minutes to one of our job sites to pick up our bucket truck and bring it back to our shop. My husband was in the bucket truck several car's behind me. I was traveling at normal to below normal speeds and was getting ready to pass a truck. I looked over my left shoulder to make sure that there were no other cars and then within seconds looked back to the front of my truck and was surprised to see that the truck in front of me had completely slammed on his brakes and was fast approaching. I too slammed on my brakes, as I was turning over to the other lane to pass and I must have overcompensated, because my truck went sideways and felt like I was on two wheels (my husband says it was close, but no they were all 4 on the asphalt) and so I tried to correct and my truck went sideways back the otherway and miraciously I wound up continuing straight down the highway unharmed and untouched by any object or anyone else! AMAZING! God was definitely driving me home. I am so thankful to still be here to enjoy preparing for Christmas with my family. Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Chris Good said...

I am glad your safe! Have you thought about Stunt Driving?

Lori said...

No, not really! But maybe I should! Good thought Chris - No pun intended! : )

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...