Friday, December 16, 2005

I covet your prayers...

Earlier this week, I told you that I was being tested for TB. Today I found out that it is positive. The doctors tell me that it is inactive, which means that I am not contagious. I had chest X-rays to determine if I truly have or if the test was a false positive. I will find out Tuesday. I'm, of course, praying for a false positive! This is treatable(sp?), so I'm not concerned with whether or not I have it. My true concern is how it will affect the adoption process. I'm not into sharing my medical problems with anyone, but this involves the adoption process and one reason I started blogging, was to journal about the adoption! So there you have it......I welcome your prayers!

Update: I spoke with our social worker this morning and she tells me that if the Doctors don't sign off on the Health Certificate, we then will not be able to move forward with the adoption, until I test negative and the Dr.'s sign off on the certificate. I have an appt. tomm. morning to see what the radiologist had to say about my chest x-rays. (The health certificate from Guatemala askes that Doctors sign off saying that the patient or client did test negative for HIV and TB. The certificate is needed to complete the dossier. The dossier is needed to move forward)

4 comments:

John Torkelson said...

Lori,
You have our prayers and remember that God has led you through the process before and it seems he initiated this new adoption too. Hold on to God and let Him do his part!!! We love ya sister!

John and Mesha

Lori said...

Thank you so much, you guys! I certainly can count on you for encouragement! I do appreciate it!

welch said...

Lori,

You and your family will be in our prayers. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Lori said...

Thank you so much Chad! Keep doing what your doing - Pray! Thanks!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...