Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Someone wake me up.......

I had a dream that we sold our home and moved to South Dakota!


..........oh wait - that really did happen! So I was running a few errands today and caught myself really thinking about our move. I honestly couldn't believe today that we had moved and that we really are living here. It hasn't fully sunk in yet. I'm sure it will as soon as I get a job.

I'm not looking forward to getting a job, but we are in need of just a little bit more for at least two years to get us through some back bills we are still paying for the company. Yes, the company is still dragging us down a little! We (my husband and I)are so grateful to be on the other side of doing business. We mention on several occasions to each other how glad we are to not be in business for ourselves. We are truly done!

Joel is still enjoying his job. I think he is more happy about it all now that all of us are together again and his commute is only 15 min. instead of 4 1/2 hours away!

We truly are blessed! It is very strange to only be living literally 5 min. from anything you could ever need or want. I'm use to "stocking up" or planning a trip to Maple Grove or St. Cloud when we need something more then just food. Oh yeah there was "wally world" to go to, but still that was at least ten minutes away. It also is strange to be living very close to neighbors and having traffic zipping by all the time. I do miss the 15 acres of quiet and nothingness that we had. I miss the wildlife that would saunter through the back yard. Now we have walkers and joggers that Tory adores barking at. It is nice to have unlimited sidewalks to walk. I never thought I would be happy about sidewalks, but I am! In the country we really didn't have dogs to worry about, we had snakes, turkeys and tics to worry about. Oh and the state bird..........mosquitoes!

I'm doing my best to keep the kids busy all while organizing and unpacking! We finally found the dog park and a few others. We are yet to try out the dog park. Maybe some night we will run over there.

The kids are learning what it means to wait for cars while crossing the street and waiting for the little walking man to light up before crossing at a light! Oh yes, my children are so deprived. They had 15 acres to roam and didn't have to worry about anything but keeping themselves from falling into a river!

My wonderful husband has been great about letting me sneak away for a couple of hours at a time to shop! We have a nice mall and awesome discount stores to shop! Hey scrapping friends, Jo@nns and a local scrap store is only a mile and a half away from our home. That could be a problem, but I haven't made it to those stores yet. Maybe I'll send Joel and the kids to his parents some time and ya'll can come on down for a craft weekend! That would be fun!!

Speaking of craft weekends, I'm looking forward to meeting up with some awesome friends from back home in November in Marshall, MN. We found a spot that is half way between here and Monticello that has a very nice refurbished farm house and shed that has been set up for crafters or whoever to enjoy! I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to it and hope that most of you who have talked about it, can make it!

I mentioned sneaking away earlier, Joel and I haven't been able to do any actual dates, so we have become creative after they go to bed! I do look forward to finding a babysitter again. We miss our babysitter, Hillary, horribly!! She did mention that she would be willing to travel down if we wanted her to - I might take her up on it!!

So Hill, you and some friends want to take a road trip?!

Well I'm just rambling, clearing my head, actually! So I'm going to sign off and go to bed. It is very weird to not have our typical schedule and events to do. It will be interesting to look back 6 months from now. Life moves so fast!

4 comments:

Jane said...

so glad to hear that you are settling in. i would love to live with either sidewalks or a lake in my back yard....either out and about with people or the water.
praying for a sitter and your job.

Unknown said...

Hi , Today i was checking the Google absence waiting list account and i see your blog name there. when i search our blog i find that its very good quality data you have there, but it is my surprise that why users not coming to your blog , and to more disappoint i didn't see you getting more click's on Google Advertisements. after seeing all this i cant stop myself from advising this, my friend i want to tell you to get a good traffic and good clicks on your blog , this way you can earn much good money, check out this site http://kosmoclub.webs.com/learnmore4.html and join them if you like, and don't worry about anything , its 100% trusted site, our 23% of user use it to get clicks and traffic on there site. i hope this site help you to earn minimum of 250$ every amount( its my promise) and you can trust me .....
Admin (googIe team)

msg by helpdeskgogie@gmail.com


http://kosmoclub.webs.com/learnmore4.html

Sammy S said...

If you are looking for cool affordable clothing..follow me on my blog! http://petticoatsandjamtarts.blogspot.com

Lisa Petrarca said...

We recently sold our house too & our now renting. I thought it would be hard, but I realized that God was freeing us up. I have never been happier & I've definitely grown in learning to have FAITH.

You seem to have already grasped the importance of this! Good luck on your new journey!

Great Blog.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...