Tuesday, February 19, 2008

DOGgonnit!!

Well you probably guessed it! The Dog lovers won!! We are "trying" out this dog for a couple of days - WHATEVER!! The fact is, this dog is now apart of our family and guess who will be tending to it in no matter of time! I'm going to hold my ground as long as I can!! Nicolai mentioned about going to Grandma's this summer over the Fourth of July like we always do and I had to remind him that Grandma has a no dog rule! So guess what! Mojo will be staying home. Nicolai then mentioned, what if the neighbors won't be home? Then, Nicolai suggested that Dad or I stay home to take care of Mojo while the rest of the family be at Grandma's. We will have to see! Pictures will be coming....

Our neighbors did try to place this dog with anyone they could think of. They did alot of bribing to get us to keep this dog! They offered to bathe and clip this dogs nails (they have all the tools). And they are paying for half of her spaying. So I guess we will have to try this dog out! Doggonit anyway!!

12 comments:

Mamita J said...

I knew it was coming. :-D You have a soft spot for Nico's big long eyelashes.

It'll be okay.

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

TAKE IT FROM AN ANIMAL LOVER...THEY WIN YOUR HEARTS! EVERY DOG NEEDS A FAMILY OF THEIR OWN! AND EVERY BOY NEEDS A DOG! MOM WILL EVENTUALLY WARM UP TO IT IF IT'S A WELL MINDED DOG! THEY TEACH RESPONSIBILITY EVEN! GOOD FOR YOU! IT'LL WORK OUT...MIGHT TAKE TIME, BUT SHE WILL REWARD YOU!
SHELLY B.

Jane said...

give me a child over a pet any day!

and praise God for allergies... no more pets here!!! Once the three, sometimes more, outdoor cats leave... no more pet food purchases in our home!

Jane said...

hey...I figured out a GREAT reason for me to travel to the great north to see you! Well, besides getting to meet you IRL. We could play in your craft room for days! Think we could send our hubbies and your kiddos camping for a week (or weekend) so we could play? Scrap booking these past weeks has made me a little envious of your craft room.

Jane said...

after my crash, I'm unable to locate your e-mail...can you drop me a line again so I will have it.

Jennifer said...

I knew it was gonna happen. My kids have been begging for a dog but there are 4 of us with severe allergies and Asthma. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

YOU GO DOG LOVERS!!!!! Lori, you'll end up loving this pup almost like one of your children. You just wait. They have a way of growing on ya.

Sarah said...

Haha I am so happy! I cant wait to see the pictures. I know Nico loves the dog, but how does Sonja react to Mojo?

Now you gotta convince my mom into letting us get a dog!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Nico!!! Every boy needs a dog, and you have the perfect place for it. Just think how much fun Nicolai is going to have when he and Mojo are out exploring all day.
Work? Yep!
Costly? Can be.
Worth it? For Nicolai, Absolutely!!
I am glad you are giving it a try, Lori, I know dogs are far from being your fav.
Tia Dana

Greta Jo said...

YEA! You will grow to love the doggie. When your at the grocery store you will buy the dog treats. Trust me, they become part of the family.

Maxine said...

Yippee!! You KNOW how much I love dogs!! Obviously you didn't get the signed contract. Sorry, but I think it's hilarious!! Have fun--can't wait for the pictures.

Our Family of 5 said...

ahahaha! I was so waiting to see this post. Congratulations on your new fur baby!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...