Monday, January 07, 2008

One year ago... Loooooooooong post!

WOW! This week one year ago was an incredible week! My sister-in law, Dana and I went to Guatemala to meet Sonja for the first time! We had such a great week! Here are the posts from that incredible week...



She is scared. So please pray that she gets comfortable with us and isn't scared! She hasn't stopped crying since we got in the room. We have been in here for approx. a half hour. We spent time with the FM and her Mom and the facilitator. We got some pix. My sister-in law was around the corner from the hotel getting water, when the FM showed up and walked in the door. I was sitting in the lobby. No Rep had come yet and so we had a few minutes of language barrier, but the barrier really wasn't there, we knew exactly why and what was going on!! They recognized me right away. I had sent pictures of us for them to show Sonja. I recognized FM right away as well. She is a beautiful lady. They have spoiled our Sonja. She is treated like a Queen, not a princess!! I'm so grateful!!!



It was very nice to meet the FM and her mom. They are sweet.
Please pray for my husband and my son. My son woke up this morning with a 102 temp.
I will post more pictures when she settles down and I can get some. Please pray that she feels peace.

This may be it for today! She is finally sleeping. It may be a long evening?!! We went outside to relax on the padio area and she decided that eating would maybe be a good thing. We went up to the room and finally had some cereal and bananas. Yeah!! Now she is sleeping away....









THIS WAS AN INCREDIBLE DAY....The fabulous out while we were there!!

OUT OF PGN, OUT, YES OUT, WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!! Doing the PGN happy dance!!!!

Yes, we are out of PGN! So excited!!! I was reading emails and got a phone call to my room and it was my attorney telling me that we just got out. Yeeeehaawwww!!

We went out and about again. We went for a much longer walk. We crossed an amazingly crazy street, but made it both ways just fine! We ended up at the mall which has tons of North American goods in it!! We stopped for a Nutella Crepe and headed back. I had to get a pix of GAP for my sister, Janet. She works there in the states. Janet, you could always transfer to Guat. if you wanted?!!



We are standing in front of the Camino Real Hotel just down the street from our hotel. We had to check it out, we heard that it was a very fancy place! It was beautiful inside and out!!



We came back to the room to rest up a little and feed Sonja. We found out that she enjoys blogging like her mommy! I'll have to keep tabs on the content of her page though!!! : )



Sonja is standing and does a little crawling. Tia(Aunt) Dana caught her pulling herself up and standing by the chair.



We had a great day on our little adventure!

Did I mention that we are out of PGN!?!

Antigua is absolutely beautiful. The market is huge and prices are fair.











We ran into Mel G i b s o n in Antigua today. He walked past us, turned around and waved, but wouldn't give us a pix. His back is to us in the pix.



We got back to the hotel just in time to have dinner with Megan and McKenzie (left) and Kerry and Cameron (Right). They are two blogger buddies I met while in Guat. We had a great time comparing process notes.



Adios Amigos......til' later!



We fly out early morning and head back home to our families. What a wonderful experience. I am so grateful that Dana came with. She was a huge blessing to have along. I don't regret one minute of this trip.....what a blast!!

4 comments:

Maxine said...

I remember all of these! It's so nice to reminisce.

Our Family of 5 said...

awww, I wasn't following your blog when all of that happened but it's nice to read it now and see the pictures. Happy 1 year!!

Anonymous said...

I TOO REMEMBER ...BECAUSE YOUR GOOD FORTUNE AND BLESSED ADDITION HELPED ME THROUGH THE LOSS OF MY BROTHER, 1 YR AGO TODAY...FOR EVERY SOUL THAT IS TAKEN, ANOTHER ONE TAKES ITS PLACE. LOVE YA! SHELLY B.

Jane said...

what a year!

and TAG, I'm curious to see your books!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...