Monday, December 17, 2007

Praise God!!! - UPDATED!

Emily just got out of surgery and is already talking!! The surgery went well and the surgeons feel that they got it all. They were able to do a small side-to-side incision and therefore didn't have to remove much of her hair. Thank you so much for praying. Please continue to pray for the recovery. I will have further updates when I talk with my sister tonight. Thank you!

My sister called tonight from ICU. Emily is still doing really well. They are trying to get a fever to come down. Emily is complaining of her skin itching, it's a side affect from the drugs that they have her on. They are going to give her Benedril to try and get that to stop. They are monitoring her "free water" in her body and praying for that to stabilize. Tomorrow morning she will have another MRI done to double check the work the doctors had done today and to make sure there is no bleeding on the brain, etc. Please continue to pray for the recovery process.

My sister, Janet, wants all of you to know how thankful they are for the many who are praying for Emily.

8 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Thank God!!! I was traveling to my families today so I had a long talk with God about Emily. Thanks for the update.

welch said...

Great news. She and her family will continue to be in our prayers.

Krystal said...

That is wonderful news! I hope her recovery continues to go super smoothly!!!

Greta Jo said...

Excellent news. I thought of Emily many times throughout the day. Praise God!

Jane said...

Praise God!! Lori I have been praying today...keep us posted on Emily's recovery.

Alleen said...

Thank the Lord she is doing well! I am sure you are relieved!

Ellie said...

Thank God... I have been thinking about her so much lately... You and your family, and Emily are truely blessed...

Miracles do happen.

HUGS
Ellie

Jane said...

Lori...wanted to let you know that my prayers have been with you too... it is tough being away from family, especially when there is illness or injury. So along with praying for Emily's health, I have been praying for your heart too.

Keep us posted!
Jane

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...