Monday, October 08, 2007

Gotchya' Day!!

Today is my gotchya day! My parents headed down to our local LSS office forty years ago. They tell me that they sat down with a social worker and answered a few questions and then were told their name would be put on a waiting list, when their name came up and a child was born and placed, they then would be called. Thirty-nine years ago on this day, they received the call that I was born and ready to pick up. They headed back to LSS, signed a few papers, paid a little bit of a processing fee, they were united with me and then sent on their way! I'm sure it wasn't all that easy, but it certainly wasn't the hoops you need to jump through today in order to adopt a child! Happy Gotchya' Day!

8 comments:

Soltana said...

How fun was your weekend!!!!!!!! I'm jealous :(

Happy Gotchya day!!!!

jajbs said...

This is so neat!

Amanda

Katie said...

That is AWESOME !!!!!

HollyGee said...

Happy Gotchya Day Lori!!! What a wonderful thing to share in common with your kids.

Andrea said...

Happy Gotcha Day a little belated. I hope it was a wonderful day!

Emily said...

Happy Gotchya' Day!!!! I'm sure that was a very happy day, not only for you but for Grandma and Grandpa as well.

Emily

Jane said...

Gotcha sounds so unimportant to those of us outside the adoption world. But you are a blessing to so many of us that I can't imagine where you would be today if they hadn't gotten you!

Happy Day!

Maxine said...

Well, a blessed Gotcha Day to you! I always remember my children's Gotcha Days too!
Looks like you're doing well, Lori. I haven't been over in a while. The kids' picture on the sidebar is gorgeous!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...