Friday, August 03, 2007

We're OK!

Thanks for your concern, Kerry and Maxine! We live approx. 50 miles NW of where the bridge collapsed. As of right now, we are not aware of any friends or family members that would have been involved. We are thankful for that, but our hearts ache for those that were involved and who's family members are grieving a loss tonight!

We certainly have traveled that bridge at various times. Most recently was in May when we took Sonja to the U of M. It is very surreal to see it down!

Please pray with me for the victims and their families.

8 comments:

Maxine said...

Good, Lori. Yes, we're continuing in prayer for the folks there. Vicki at Windows to My Soul has a couple of interesting posts on this disaster, and some good links. Apparently John Piper's ministries is just a mile from the bridge. She has a link to his site. If you don't know where her site is, you can get to it from mine.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad to hear that you are okay.

Natalie said...

Lori, I immediately thought of you when I heard the news. I'm so glad to hear that you and your family and friends are all fine. I will be praying for the victims and their families. Just tragic.

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

And people say my fear of bridges is irrational. Bet they don't think so now. I'm so glad you were not involved. The whole thing is just horrific.

Megan

JuJu - said...

I have missed your blog - no internet for a week:)

You are auch a cool person - I just wanted to tell you that today:)

Julia:)

Crystal said...

HEy hey!!!! I miss you!!! I am just checking up on you today!!!! hugs to you!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you are ok. Just trying to catch up on everyones blogs. How is Nico doing?

Heidi said...

Hey~ I haven't heard from you for a while so I thought I'd stop by and say hello! I hope everything is going well for you!!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...