Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Segundo Dia

I survived our first night..........barely!!! I was up the ENTIRE night with her until my sister-in law took her at 5 am so that I could sleep for a couple of hours. I couldn't have done it, if it wasn't for my sister-in law, Dana!!! We are putting the smack down today and tonight! : ) We have made her, put herself to sleep. It's hard to hear her cry so loud and so hard, but it has only taken approx. 10-15 min. for her to settle herself down! PRAISE GOD!! Please pray for tonight that all goes well and that we ALL get much needed rest!
Here are some pix for you. Sorry Abuela, we didn't get pix posted earlier, we were a little too tired!!!! That and she won't allow me to set her down to get pictures of her. She is very clingy to me. It's great that she wants to have me and only me, but I wanted to get some pictures of her in some really cute outfits that I brought!! Oh well.....


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......messy!!


Splish Splash I was taken a bath....


This was the scene last night...


This was the result at dinner time....

Thank you to everyone for your kind words of encourgement through email and comments. I tried to call Joel tonight on the telephone and it was as difficult as finding a needle in a hay stack, so I will be sticking to emails!! I did connect with him and he got to hear Sonja's cry!!

It has been fun connecting with other adopting families. Probably 50%-70% of the hotels guests are adopting families. It is fun to hear their stories and to encourage each other.

Love from Guatemala....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you for the great pix again. Now I can rest happily tonight. I am amazed you got them on at all. I am sure you are pretty tuckered out. Sonja will become more adjusted to you and Dana and her new surroundings quickly, I am sure. Dana, get your vaudeville acts going and get her to giggle.
Have a good sleep tonight, all of you. God bless--Abuela/MOM

Anonymous said...

Forgot--In the pic of her sleeping in the highchair, I notice her beautiful, long, slender fingers. You know what that means--a piano player. Yay!!
A/M

Kim said...

She is beautiful - I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...