Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hair we go!

Well, I have found my blog again. Life has been incredibly crazy the last two years. I will be explaining those changes over the next few posts.....stay tuned!

I will address the hair color change first! So, approximately two years ago, I was tired of coloring my hair. I had been coloring my hair since the age of 20. I'm pushing 50, so, that's a long time! The money alone was beginning to kill me, not to mention chemicals, etc.

I was getting to a point that my roots were peeking through after 10 days or so since my last color appointment. I couldn't afford to keep up with it. My hairstylist had noted that I was "silver" on majority of my head. I was afraid if I stopped coloring, I would end up this drab gray color.

So, tired of coloring and practically out of money to continue, I chose to transition to my natural silver color.

It took approximately a year and half. My stylist first stripped my hair of all of its color. It turned out to be a really ugly rust color. I was pitch black in color so to try and strip it, it turned out pretty light compared to what I thought it would be. Then my stylist started to streak in bleached highlights and each appointment I gained more and more. We did this so that my hair wouldn't get too damaged too quickly.

It worked! Now almost two years to the day of beginning this process, I am completely silver and it is my natural hair color. No more color for me!


No comments:

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...