Thursday, August 28, 2008

Up, Up and Away....

....Just not today!! :( My husband surprised me this evening with a wonderful dinner overlooking the St. Croix in Stillwater, then taking me to an apple orchard where they give hot air balloon rides!! Yes, we were going to go up, up and away in a hot air balloon. The pilot got the balloon filled with air and ready to go, then checked the weather and it turned out it was too windy, so we were unable to go. We were soooooo bummed, but are excited that our certificate is good for one year. We will try again soon to take that flight!

What an awesome surprise! My husband done good!! He done reeeeal good!!!

Here's some pix of how far we made it tonight!

The restaurant we ate at.


The basket of the balloon holds four couples and a pilot.






Ready to go, the weather wasn't.

5 comments:

Jane said...

YEAH for a fun evening...and an evening that WILL continue in the future!

You're looking slim! YEAH for you!!!

Mama Bear said...

How incredibly awesome. We moved from MN (Roseville) to VA and I so miss so much of MN. What a great surprise, he did REAL good!!!
Rhonda
http://fourchildrenrus.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

GOOD DEAL, LOR!! SOUNDS LIKE EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T GET TO GO UP..YOU HAD A GREAT TIME...SO FAR!!!! I KNOW IT'LL BE A GREAT 4-0 ...MINE IS COMING NEXT YEAR AND I'M ANXIOUS FOR OTHER REASONS TO TURN 40. IT'LL BE FINE..IT'S ALL GOOD..CRAIG SURPRISED ME FOR OUR 20TH ANN WITH A BEAUTIFUL RING..!! OUR GUYS ARE SUCH A BLESSING!! HAVE A SUPER BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND..I'M THINKING OF YOU NOW AND ALWAYS..
SHELLY B.

Jennifer said...

Aww he is such a sweetie. That basket looks awful small for four couples. Is it really that small. If it is any consolation you do not look 40. My hubby just turned 40 this month and I think it was rough on him.
Have an awesome time celebrating!!!

Maxine said...

Oh my goodness, what a surprise that was, even if you didn't get to do it yet. Your hubby is really something. Keep celebrating and enjoying yourself this weekend!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...