Thursday, August 28, 2008

Out of my comfort zone!!

The past few days/weeks I have been a little bit out of my comfort zone. The BIG 4-0 is happening this weekend for me and my husband has got some surprises in store for me! He has already begun the celebrating by giving me a two day break from making meals and tending to kids and a really nice sweatshirt from the BW. But he tells me there is more.

See, I'm a planner. I'm a highly organized person and so when events are coming up - I like to ask questions and be prepared for what's to come. I don't think it's a bad trait! This weekend though, my husband has been taking care of everything - WHICH I LOVE - but on the other hand is hard for me! I can't plan anything, I need to just sit back and let it all happen. I also need to make sure I don't commit to anything - otherwise he is having to call that person back and tell them NO - SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO HELP YOU, ETC.

My husband has only surprised me maybe four times in our 16.5 year marriage! So this is not a common thing!!

So today is another surprise...stay tuned! I'm sure it will be great!

Well, I just got a call from him saying that I should be ready by 2:30pm to leave, to dress casually and wear shoes that I'm comfortable hiking in.....Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

2 comments:

Maxine said...

Aww, how thoughtful. Enjoy yourself!

I'll say Happy Birthday now in case I don't get back over to see you before then!

Jennifer said...

Oh the suspense. How exciting. I am just like you in the being well planned out. I had to go through the sitting back phase while I was pregnant. I hated every minute of it. I stressed so much I couldnt enjoy it.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...