Monday, May 05, 2008

So far so good....

Those of you who are interested in the Biology of Behavior program (BOB) that we are trying, I will from time to time document how things are going.

Nicolai started last Thursday with the first step. Take Acidophilus. This is the "good" bacteria that is suppose to be in your tummy. So while that is getting put in, your body is sloughing off the bad bacteria. I'm not quite sure how Nicolai is doing with it so far. I think OK. He seems to be going to the bathroom more frequently - which is a good thing and he seems to be already at the same level (behavior, etc) that he seems to be when taking a chemical medicine. He starts out OK for approximately a week or so on the chemical meds and then it starts to go down hill from there as soon as it is stronger in him. The BOB program has him on Acidophilus and they said we could if we needed to or wanted to, do 5HTP. I did put him on 5HTP. It is a medicine that is suppose to aid with anger, nightmares and a few other things that Nicolai was experiencing.

Things aren't yet where they should be - we are told that it will take three months to regulate his body and see "big" change, but he seems to be happier and himself - there are a few things yet, that I would like to see improvement on, but we will plug away and keep going. It's not even the first week and I'm seeing subtle changes. This program can be done while kids are on their other meds, such as Ritalin, Wellbutrin, etc. DOUBLE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE DOING THIS PROGRAM. I didn't, but I took him off of everything! Nicolai just doesn't do well AT ALL with the chemical meds so we took him off everything and started BOB! On Thursday of this week we add Grapefruit seed pills to the current meds.

I too started this program to do it along with him. I haven't seen any big change for myself, except that I'm allergic to metals and my skin is reacting differently then it usually does. I usually get small little dots/rash all over the area that metal touches (belt buckle) and it itches like crazy and then spreads. So far I have one spot of red skin and it doesn't itch like it normally does. So subtle changes in me as well.

5 comments:

Maxine said...

Sounds it's as good as can be for now. Keep pressing on. We'll keep praying.

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

I'm so intrigued with this program. I'm anxious to see how it works. I hope this is the answer for your little guy.

Megan

Jennifer said...

thanks for the update. Just curious, what is 5HTP

Miss Carrie said...

You are in my thoughts!

Alleen said...

Very interesting. I hope this is an answer to your prayers and getting him off of the chemicals for good that weren't helping.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...