Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Crazy But True!



Today, finally, Nicolai's Adoption Decree has been signed. Back in 2000, my husband and I signed our first adoption application on January 19. On July 19, 2000 our first child, Nicolai, was placed in our arms in Bogota, Colombia. Nicolai and I stayed to complete his adoption and we finally returned home on August 26, 2000. It was a great day! My sister, Janet, was able to travel back with me. God is so amazing! I was nervous about flying with a child, being a brand new mom and trying to fly a five hour flight alone - crazy! But with God's amazing love and grace, he arranged for our departure to land exactly on the same day as my sister's ticket was already set for and He even arranged for Nicolai and I to join her flight back to Houston so that we could at least fly half of our flight (the largest time) together. We got to Houston and Joel surprised us by meeting us on the other side of Customs. So Joel, Nicolai and I flew back to Mpls. and Janet flew on to SC. I was soooo grateful for God's orchestration! Nicolai has been in the USA on a green card, but today his decree was finally signed and so it's official now! Yeeeeehaawww!!

Sonja, on the other hand, is still waiting for her adoption to be finalized. We got word today that she will have a hearing on June 20th. We are looking forward to having all of our adoptions finalized!

4 comments:

JuJu - said...

Congratulations:)
What a big day and special time in your lives:):)
I keep Mac updated in Nico - he still prays for him:)

Emily said...

Yay!! Congratulations! I beet that is a great feeling. I'll be praying for Sonja's adoption to be finalized

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Nico!!!!!!!!!!
Lake Six Gramma

Maxine said...

God's blessings to each and all of you! May your family continue in His mercies!!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...