Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Updates and What-knots!!

I thought I would update you on where we are at! Emily is possibly back home from the hospital. She recently was rushed in again due to her fluid levels. We continue to pray for regulation of her fluids!

Nicolai was brought back into the doc yesterday due to a bad cough. He was sent home from school early. He is on meds for four days for a slight somin' somin' starting in his lungs. Sonja continues to cough and ooze snot! Joel continues to cough. Thankfully I haven't had things too badly. I have had a tickle in my throat and stuffed nose from time to time. I'm fightin' really hard to stay clear of what has invaded my home the last two weeks!

As far as my quest for 2008! I am starting to declutter the home! We placed on Craigslist (www.craigslist.com)(Link thingy isn't working for blogger) a few furniture pieces. We already sold an entertainment/hutch center. It was good to see it go. We moved our other entertainment unit down stairs and cleared up our bedroom a little! I was listening to Peter Walsh one day and he said that the Master Bedroom and the Kitchen are the main areas that set the tone for your home. Well, I somewhat believe that, but he also said that if you hang onto stuff and you live in clutter (whether it's organized or not) you also hang onto excess weight. So I'm decluttering to see if it works! :) I've dumped one large 33 gallon bag of stuff in the garage from just our bedroom. That doesn't include our bathroom or our closet - I am kind of dreading those areas! So if I've dropped one 33 gallon bag of stuff maybe thirty-three pounds will come off! Highly unlikely, but it's a nice thought!
The area that I'm really dreading is my kitchen. Yes, it is very organized and I have more then enough space for everything that I have, but I don't use everything. So I'm decluttering that too, but it just seems like an overwhelming task, especially with a 22 month old at my ankles!! I'm sure it will get done though!
I have my husband in the decluttering mode, so I have to keep going so that we don't loose momentum! My goal is to go through every room in this house! Yes - EVERY room! Someones going to have a hayday at Goodwill (www.goodwill.com) soon! :)

That's where we are at right now! I've got Youth calendar in the works, Kidstuf on Saturday and a "special" side project for youth to do. It shouldn't take me long at all. Just need to sit and do it!
Nicolai is signed up again for Karate. We are going to give wrestling a rest until "after I get my black belt", as Nicolai puts it. Then he will try wrestling again. I think he enjoys it, but he's not very motivated. He is happy with third or fourth place - which for Joel and I, is just fine! He's seven almost eight for cryin' out loud! We are not pushy parents on the side line. In fact, other parents (who we have never met) are "coaching" Nicolai from the side, usually. We just sit there and cheer! "Yeah, Way to get pinned, my son!!" Just kidding! We don't say that!!
Sonja continues to be sweet Sonja. She loves her dollys and books! She is saying so many words now! It's fun to hear her talk.
Joel continues to be busy with the business and filling up our rental property. We are hopefully close to putting our first tenant in. Lord, I hope so! He is in need of more wood for the burner. So if you want to get a workout, come on over! We are so close to being able to shut it down for the year again. I know it doesn't seem like it when we are talking about minus degree weather, but before you know it May will be here and we can shut it down. He usually shuts it down mid April.
So there's a snippit of our world. I hope your world is healthy and well!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey. Sounds like you have been having fun with the kiddos. BTW you have been tagged. Check out my blog to see what that is about.

Anonymous said...

LOR,,,
WATCH THE CRAIGS LIST
IT IS WWW.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

.COM IS A "GROSS" SITE I ACCIDENTLY GOT INTO
WE'VE USED THE CRAIGSLIST FOR MANY THINGS AND IT'S AWSOME
SHELLY B..

Anonymous said...

KEEP ALL RECEIPTS FROM ANY DONATIONS THEY ARE ALL TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!

Mamita J said...

Hey,

Can you come on over to my house when you're done? We have 5 packrats in our family. :-D

I hope everyone is feeling much better very soon. I had the flu 2 weeks ago and I'm still feeling it.

Love,
Julie

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...