Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wrestle Mania!

Nicolai is now in wrestling and enjoys it!! He got third place in his first tournament up in Becker last weekend. He won two of his matches and the team won the match up in Zimmerman the week before.

It has also worn him out a little, which was somewhat the goal! It really is a great outlet for all of his energy! I have gotten him to eat a few more veggies and fruit because "it will make him stronger" when wrestling! :) Hey - whatever works!!

These pictures are from the Zimmerman meet:







Update on Emily: She has been in and out of the hospital three times. She is currently in ICU. They removed a baseball size tumor, but noticed that there is another tumor (which they thought was a cyst) that is still in there and is a grape size. They are going to have to go back in for the other tumor. Emily is unable to stabilize because her brain stem is swollen. It has really been a roller coaster. She seems to be improving and then she winds up in the hospital and isn't doing well. The brain stem needs to get back to normal and she needs to stabilize before having the other surgery. Once she has the surgery, she will go through all of this again. Lord willing, not, but they are saying that it can be like what she has experienced, and possibly worse!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog. I live near Alexandria and have a little girl adopted from Guatemala. Your family is beautiful!

B

Jane said...

Yeah for Nico!!! gotta burn some of that boy-hood energy! :)))

Lori, I'm praying for Emily! Keep us posted (I know you will...just makes me feel better, I guess!) Wish I had a free day in the next week, I would drive down and pray with your sister and BIL.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, way to go Nico!!!! Keep up the hard work you look great.

Lori said...

Hey Anonymous - That is cool!! I am in Big Lake - not far from you! Email me and maybe we could meet some time! Have a play date?!! Loriwestrum@hotmail.com

Maxine said...

Oh may the dear Lord help and sustain dear Emily and her family.
Nico is quite the guy, I see!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...