Monday, November 19, 2007

We Gather Together!

Blessed Heavenly Father
Humble thanks we raise
Your strong arm will guide us
Now, through all our days

We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing
He chastens and hastens His will to make known
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing
Sing praises to His name; He forgets not His own
Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining
Ordaining, maintaining His kingdom divine
So from the beginning the fight we were winning
Thou, Lord was at our side, all glory be Thine!

We all do extol Thee
Thou leader triumphant,
And pray that Thou still
Our defender will be
Let Thy congregation escape tribulation
Thy name ever be praised
With voices united, our praises we offer
Our songs of thanksgiving to you we now raise
To You our great Redeemer forever, forever be praise


This song is sung by various artists, but the version I enjoy the most is done
a cappella by a group named Glad.

I am so thankful for Jesus and His sacrificial gift. I pray that this Thanksgiving you and yours has a bountiful day!

7 comments:

Jane said...

I too love this song!

RYC... you made me cry...good tears. If only I could share with you today what God has done in my heart through you and your family....one day I will be able to share and you will be doing the hallelujah dance with me. Until then we will praise Him for his grace and gift of life that He offers.

Maxine said...

Praise the Lord, Lori. I pray that you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your sweet comment that you left yesterday. It came at a time when I was feeling low down and you lifted me up. Thanks, precious, Sister. I count you as one of my blessings in this blogging world.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great song!! Everytime I think about Thanksgiving, I cry. I have so much to be thankful for.

Emily said...

Aunt Lori,
I wanted to thank you for referring "The Ultimate Gift" on your blog. We rented it and watched it, it was really good. Dad, Sarah, and grandma and grandpa are watching it now. I'm going to go watch it again with them here in a minute. Thanks. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!

Emily

Jenny and Matt said...

God is great!
Have a great holiday Lori!

Anonymous said...

WE ALL HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR. HAVE A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE THANKSGIVING.
SHELLY B.

Greta Jo said...

Great Song. Amen!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...