Sunday, October 14, 2007

Amazing Grace!!

Today was a break through day!! We headed off to church and did our usual thing. Nico and Sonja went to class and Joel and I enjoyed the service today, since we weren't serving. Afterwards I headed to a missions meeting and Joel stepped in to our "Grazers" meeting to greet and meet newcomers to our church, that may have questions or want to learn more about the church. After my missions meeting, I then headed to Grazers to meet the newcomers. While there, Sonja and Nicolai joined us, (usually they are playing in the kids area)to snack on some pizza and crackers. Nicolai sat very nicely, listened to Joel and I and helped with bringing Sonja back to the table when she would wonder off. We finished the meeting, cleaned up and then headed to our local Fire Hall for an open house. Then finally got home to rest and relax before the crazy week begins!

So you are probably wondering if this is normal for us then what is so amazing?! The amazing part was that Nicolai sat quietly and ate pizza while our pastor spoke. He normally wants to run the show and be the center of attention! The other amazing piece was that Nicolai actually sat in my lap for a short moment - THIS IS UNHEARD OF PEOPLE!! My son wouldn't be caught near my lap- "That's not cool!". And another part of our normal routine, is that I get tons of attitude, sassing and arguing MANY times throughout a given day! He usually tries to get Joel to agree with him and go against me. That didn't happen today! PRAISE GOD!!

God certainly is the one that has His hand on that child. I pray for him every day and with him, that God would fill him up and help him make the right choice. Too often I hear, "Oh, you have your hands full!", or, "My goodness, he's busy!", and, "He's challenging, isn't he". I do hear from an elite group of friends, that we have an amazing boy and that they think he is pretty special. I don't hear it enough though! Too often I hear the obvious, that somehow seems negetive coming from their mouths. I know they mean well and probably aren't sure what to say.

Those who know our son and know him well, will understand this Praise report!

9 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so happy for you and for Nico! What a great day he had!!! You deserve days like this. :)

Emily said...

That is awesome!! Keep praying and you'll have many more days like this! God is soooo good!!

Emily

Jenny and Matt said...

That's great Lori! Good for Nico!

welch said...

Lori,

I know we are not in the exact same boat, but I certainly know what it is to pray to God during the school day hoping this day went ok and I know excitement of small accomplishments and good days.

Glad you had such a good day. Those are very encouraging things.

Anonymous said...

EVERY "GOOD" DAY IS A MILESTONE. KEEP THE FAITH, HE IS MAKING PROGRESS! YOUR STRENGTH/WEAKNESS SHOWS THOUGH, DON'T LET HIM FOOL YOU INTO BEING A "DUMMY" YOU ARE IN CONTROL! HE WILL GROW OUTA SOME OF IT TOO HOPEFULLY! HOPE HE CAN SHOW SONJA WHAT A GOOD BIG BROTHER HE IS! SOUNDS LIKE HE'S DOING WELL AT LEAST SOME OF THE TIME! FOR THAT WE ARE THANKFUL! S.BUNDY

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is great. Hope you have more days like that to come.

bodegalee said...

Yay Nico!

Great to hear Lori. As you know, our sons are fairly similar in many ways. I will say that maturity has helped a ton on our end. I'm so glad that your many close friends can see all the great attributes of your son! I bet he just shines with his love of life!

Anonymous said...

Girl! Celebrate those days! I don't even ask his teacher how preschool went anymore cause I just don't wanna know! I am so right there with you on the comments thing. :) Yay for Nico!

Jenny and Matt said...

Just thinking about you Lori - hope you're having a good day!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...