Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Insurance Please!"

Drum roll please! After four years of tears, frustration, screaming and being called names....our son has finally learned how to ride a bike!!! I don't know why this has been a struggle for him other then the fact that he is a perfectionist and if he can't do it right then why do it at all!

So today my husband asks Nico if he wants to see how big he is compared to his bike now and then tells him they will put it away after they are done. Well, that triggered Nico to want to try it again. I'm shocked that my husband even attempted to try it again since over the last four years he has been screamed at, called names and blamed for the fact that Nico can't ride a bike.

Oh the frustration still came out, but he had more determination to get it. He kept trying and finally got it!! Alleluia!!

While riding he would ask Joel to help him and at one time told Joel that he was his insurance. So he would yell, "insurance please"!










"The Insurance" and his sidekick!


We are excited for him that he now knows how to ride. Now we need to keep him in the yard and make sure he doesn't venture to his "girlfriends" or somewhere else!!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Yea! Great job, Nico! I still remember my first bike. It was purple with a sparkly banana seat. Gosh, I LOVED that bike. Nico will always remember this day, believe me. Great job!

I think we all need to yell "Insurance please!!" sometimes :)

Kim said...

Way to go Nico!!!!!! I'm so proud of you! I'm proud that you wanted to try it again, and that you didn't give up. I'm proud that you realized that sometimes we do need a little "insurance" every now and then. I'm sure that you will be tearing up the neighborhood soon!

margaret said...

Miles just learned how to ride his bike without training wheels this summer. Our journey sounds very similsr!

Stephanie Balvin said...

Way to go Nico!

Jenny and Matt said...

Way to go Nico!!

Miss Carrie said...

Great job Nico! And Sonja is so cute!!!

Jane said...

woo hoo for Nico!!! Kids learning new things is such a boost for their self-esteem!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB, NICO...AND GREAT JOB, LORI AND JOEL!!! DO YOU REALIZE THAT THIS COULD ALSO POSSIBLY BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE OF YOUR LOOKING INTO HIS MEDS(CHANGES) AND CHANGES IN DIET AND PARENTING YOU'RE GOING THRU WITH HIM?? HE MAYBE COULDN'T FOCUS AS WELL BEFORE AND NOW..... HMMmMMMM COULD BE GETTING WAY BETTER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE HUH??!! YOUR PATIENCE IS AND WILL PAY OFF ! HE'S GETTING SO BETTER EVERY DAY I'LL BET. SHELLY B...

bodegalee said...

Lori
your two are soooo cute! Man oh man how I wish we lived closr!.. not only are our kiddos similar in many ways but we share some similar hobbies..sooo glad you found the cricut.. it's so fun. only have used a few times but it's great.. At this point, tho i'm seriously thinking of selling my paperscrap stuff to make room.. as I can't see going back much now that I've found digi-scrapping.. It's hard tho.. I love touching everything, pulling e everything out, but for our space situation mow, thinking that paper scrapping might have to take a back seat! BUT pls would love to see anything you do if you wouldnt mind posting.., LOVE, love seeing anything others are willing to post! Alex too just got the "riding with no train wheels down"... he's always been a tad behind the norm but once he achieves whatever milestone, there's no looking back! Sounds like Nico is very simllar! Take care~! :)
Leigh

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...