Wednesday, July 18, 2007

There's hope...

Some things actually might be clicking!! There are some days that I feel I have four children: Nico, Not Me, I didn't do it and Sonja! Too often Nico thinks that he deserves to treat others meanly and that he should be able to get away with everything! Last night our neighbors came over to swim and once again, Nico, Not Me or I Didn't Do It, was not being nice in the pool and just flat out wasn't listening. He got a consequence, as usual, but instead of us asking him to apologize to us, he came to each of us (Joel and I) individually and apologized for not listening and was sorry for how he treated Macy, the neighbor friend.

WOW!!! There is hope! Thanks for praying, don't stop!!!


Update on the Psychologist meeting: The doctor indicated several things that we need to be doing. One was getting Nico into see a psych. on a short term regular basis. We have a office in town, so I'm going to talk with them. Also that Joel and I should be getting regular breaks. She recommends weekly, but that is just not financially possible. I might ask a couple of people if they would be willing to volunteer maybe just a couple hours every other week to help us out. Then on the opposite weeks Joel and I will take dates and hire a babysitter! Twice a month is easier then every week!

I know that this too shall pass, but when you are in the midst, it's not easy!!

8 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I will continue to pray. Glad that you have a little hope of things getting better. You are a GREAT mom, everything will work out.

Stephanie Balvin said...

From all of my testing, the psychologist gave me a recommendation for a Christian Psychiatrist if you are interested. We don't have insurance so I can't afford to go to him, and he is located in Crystal and Plymouth so it would be a little drive, BUT it might be good time to keep everyone happy in the long car ride. My testing guy told me there is a higher rate of AD/HD in adoptive children- I thought that was interesting. We can more about it another time, but I wanted to tell you that!

Maxine said...

Hi Lori, Haven't been here this week... This is good news, I would say. Slowly, but surely, he's getting the message. Keep hanging in there, but more impotantly, keep praying. You and yours continue o be in my prayers.

Jane said...

I wish I could come sit for you guys... it's families like you guys that I love to provide child care for!!!

I am so happy to hear the prayers are being answered! (I have been hearing praise reports all over the place this week! Thank you Jesus!)

Kerry said...

That sounds like progress to me, Lori!

Emily said...

Aunt Lori,
Sounds like things are going well. When we were all little there was that fifth child also...Not me! lol Well, Glad to hear the good news!

Natalie said...

That is terrific! So glad to see that things are starting to "click"!

Heidi said...

Steal away! I've found so many things on your blog that I've "used" too!!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...