Monday, May 07, 2007

Thank you!

Thank you to all my blog buddies and those that emailed me! I truly appreciate your support. We have been dealing with Nico's situation for approximately three plus years and I am finally able to talk freely about it. Basically I'm tired and I want to start seeing change! I'm not willing to ride this crazy boat anymore!! Nico hates going to doctors, but I'm going to get aggressive with trying to find out how we can best help him and pinpoint exactly what is going on with him! I, for many years, thought it was our parenting. I think a piece of it still is, but I have come to realize that it is not all us anymore! What is frustrating, we paid a councilor $800+ money, for Joel and I and our parenting, to ask me, "where did you get your excellent parenting skills?". That was a huge flag for me, that maybe this councilor was not the answer right now! Thank you for your prayers and advice. I have contacted a couple of you via email and hope to continue that conversation. I think what you have suggested may help us or at least help us see another side to all of this. Some days are good even if we do have a slight upset, but other days are completely unbearable! But yes with God and those that God has sent to us to help, we can get through this!!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Lori, bless your heart. I'm sorry I missed your blog on Saturday and wasn't able to comment until tonight. I do want you to know that I appreciate your strength and courage to reveal the things that you are struggling with right now. You are amazing, wonderful people and it saddens me to know that you are going through these difficult things. Please know that you are all in our prayers.

AnnaLiza said...

Lord Jesus,
Be with Lori and Joel as they care for their son Nico. May you be Glorified both now and forever. [eph. 3:20-21]
Amen.

may your cup overflow...

margaret said...

Just remember this: every parent second guesses their parenting skills at some point. We all start this journey with no (real) idea of what we're getting into. It's a learn-as-you-go process. The hard part is that children are so unique... what works for your friend or cousin or whoever may not work for you and your child. You and Joel are super people and great parents! God will see you through this and hopefully someday you'll be able to share your struggles with someone in a similar situation and help them through it.

Jennifer said...

How did yesterdays appointment go? I have been praying for you all

Anonymous said...

HEY GIRLFRIEND... I'VE BEEN THERE...ATTACHMENT IS WHAT WE STRUGGLED WITH WHEN WE HAD THOMAS WITH US. IT SOUNDS SIMILAR. YOUR LITTLE NICO COULDN'T HAVE BETTER PARENTS IN THE WORLD, LOR.. IT'S IN HIS OWN CHEMICAL MAKE UP AND IT JUST HAS TO WORK THROUGH. THE ADHD IS SO QUICK TO BE A DIAGNOSIS THAT IT IS NOT ALWAYS THE RIGHT ONE. HANG IN THERE. HE CAN'T ALWAYS HELP WHAT HE'S DOING, AND IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE DOING THAT'S CAUSING IT. STAY STRONG, LOR... HE BRINGS YOU TO IT...HE WILL TAKE YOU THROUGH IT.... IF YOU'RE FRUSTRATED WITH YOUR WEIGHT; TRY HERBALLIFE..MY PARENTS ARE SELLING IT AND HAVE BOTH LOST WEIGHT AND FELT GREAT ALSO.. STAY SMILIN!! LOVE YOU..SHELLY BUNDY

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...