Monday, May 28, 2007

Tag, I'm it!!

I've been tagged by Jane to list eight facts about me! I think they are suppose to be unknown, but I don't have much that my friends don't know about me. Most of this will be for blogworld!

1. I was adopted as an infant, adopted two children, my mother-in law was adopted and I found my bio-mom who didn't want to meet me! We never actually met, we talked through my SW.

2. I grew up on a farm in Princeton. It was a dairy farm that my cousins currently own and operate.

3. I also grew up on a ranch called Gospel Ranch. We had 20 horses at one time, pigs, goats, ducks, cows and really cool hay lofts and lived there year round. Campers would come up for the summer months and I hung out at the camp all summer long. There was a farm side, that my Dad managed and there was a camp side.

4. Growing up, my father took the family on vacations for two to three weeks at a time. I have been to 48 States (including Alaska), Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia and Ecuador. (My foreign travel was done when the bill needed to be paid by me!!)

5. I use to ride dirt bikes and three wheelers in the swamps and on the trails at the ranch.

6. I use to play "cow pie" fights with the neighbor boys. (cow pies are cow dung dried up and crusty with an occasional ooey gooey on the inside!)

7. I use to ride snowmobile in Minnesota, Wyoming and Michigan. Jumping drifts and rolling through powder bowls. I rolled on the ice (completely air-bound) once and landed flat on my back with my sled landing three feet from me. I have been very rough with my body and so now I'm paying for it through Chiro. bills!!

8. I have gone two full weeks WITHOUT any pop!!!!

Well, you get the theme.... I use to be a Tom Boy (excuse the lack of P.C. terms!!)!! Now I'm a girly girl! (Still not a huge dress fan though)

I tag Steph, Heidi and Ginger. There's ton's more, but I will tag you next!!

12 comments:

Jane said...

Lori... three wheelers...you are a teen of the 80's!?! The young ones have only ridden four wheelers!

We have had some similar experiences. Now I know why I enjoy your blog site!

Thanks for playing!

Jane

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Lori,
I will get to this on my days off.

Alleen said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww on #6 !!!!!! gooey on the inside??????

Sarah said...

I knew some of those, but not all. I want to ride a dirt bike! Haha
All of the sound like fun memories... but #6. Gross! I cant believe you Aunt Lori!!

2 full weeks without pop? Wow... I can hardly go a day without any!
Congrats, your doing AMAZING

Maxine said...

NO! You cannot be serious about No. 6!!!!!!!
I didn't know you were adopted also! How exciting!
Wayta go girl with the pop!!

Jennifer said...

WOW I learned a lot about you. Princeton as in Princeton New Jersey?

Crystal said...

okay --Lori I am cracking up!!! You go girlie!!! I grew up on a farm too!!! I was cracking up at the cow dung!!!! Hey Thank you so much for your comment --Thank you!!! I promise to try to be a better blogger!!! I have missed you!!!

I love your last post!!!! Amen sister!!! Our God is an awesome GOd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

ps--#8--I am sooo proud of you girl--no pop for two weeks!!! OOOH you go!!! Maybe I will try this!!! I love my coke fix!

Kerry said...

I cracked up on the 3 wheeler part. That does tell a story about the age we grew up in. I don't know that they even exist anymore!

Emily said...

48 states!?! Wow! I love to travel but i have been to like 4 states! lol Thats pretty impressive...as well as no pop for two weeks!
Cow pies?!?! Yuck! You better not tell Nico about that one....then again you don't have a cow so. lol

Lori said...

No - Minnesota!, No - I don't think there are any three wheelers - they aren't legal anymore! Or at least that's what I think! YES - cow dung was flung and at the time it was fun!

Emily said...

Aunt Lori,
I just wanted to thank you BUNCHES for those markers!! That is great! There is like every color! Thanks alot!

Emily

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...