Thursday, May 24, 2007

Praise Him in the storms....

God is so amazing!! He never EVER ceases to amaze me!! This week has been a rough one. I told you that I was sick on Tuesday and I thought I was fine, but Wednesday evening I came down with another temp of 102.6! I still have a low grade fever, but I am feeling OK enough to actually get my house in order. I don't know what the mystery fever is all about, but I do know that God has given me strength to make it through each day without medicine. He protected my daughter when I wasn't strong enough to take care of her (I would have called my mom, but she was already gone volunteering in the cities). He made sure we have had food in the house and energy for me to prepare it. I really should go grocery shopping, but I've been able to find things that will get us through and keep me on my diet!

I told you in the past that finances and our business are not doing well. Well - they were so low this week, that we didn't think we were going to meet payroll. As always, I kept my trust in God to provide and protect. Not only did God come through with what we needed to meet payroll, he brought in almost three times what was needed. He even brought in money that wasn't expected yet from clients. Praise God, my husband is getting his check this week and so are the other employees!! I hate the thought of not meeting payroll. There are so many families involved and so many bread winners for families that work for us. Ugh! What a weight!! God has taken that and carried us through! He is so amazing!!!

Remember... There IS hope. God does provide, protect and carry you through!!! Whatever challenge or joy you are facing, God is always right there with you!!!!!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Aunt Lori, that is great!! I know I always tell myself "Have faith!!" but I have troubles with that, but what happened with you is amazing and encouraging! Love you lots! Emily

Andrea said...

Great post, Lori. I know I often forget to "let go and let God" in the storm. I think I read it on one of the other blogs- sometimes God calms the storm. And sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child. I just get such peace from that! He IS good and He IS always with us!

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry you are still not feeling well, but happy to hear that things are looking up. It took me five days before we figured out what my "mystery fever" was all about last week. I hope you get feeling back to normal ASAP!

Stephanie Balvin said...

I will take Sonja if you need a break. I can come and pick her up! It's really NO trouble, give me a call! SERIOUSLY- I don't like having to worry about my kids when I am sick, so I know what you must be feeling. PLEASE LET ME HELP!!!

Maxine said...

Oh my goodness, Lori. You have really been going through it. So thankful that the Lord is seeing you through all these trials. Take it easy, though. Temps are not to be fooled with!
Praying for you.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great post!!! Thanks for the reminders. Hope you feel better soon.

Jane said...

Praise God for the abundance!

I'm praying for your health!

Jane

Alleen said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I'm glad things worked out with the business. You don't need extra stress when you're already down.

Jane said...

Lori, I have tagged you for 8 facts about yourself. Jane

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...