Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I didn't forget...

...I just had a temporary brain laps!! Happy Birthday to Shelly B.!! She is my best friend from high school! I believe our friendship started back in second grade. She and I don't see much of each other these days now that we are married and raising a family. We rarely talk on the telephone and we occasionally email each other. When we do, we pick up right where we left off and act as if time hasn't gotten away from us! Today is Shelly's birthday!

One of the many zany and fun times we had was at my parents home. My parents were gone for the evening, my sisters were off to college and so it was myself and Shelly in this big huge old farm house! (four stories including the basement) We decided to plop ourselves in front of the TV and watch shows and movies. We got hungry like many teenagers do! We consumed in one sitting: Two pizza's, one thingy of Oreo ice cream, six cans of pop, two bags of chips, some pickles or olives and I think some candy!! I believe that is the most I have ever had in one sitting! Yikes!!! I think I would end up in the hospital if I tried that today!! Remember that, Shelly?!! We had a blast though!! Remember your birthday/slumber party out in the tents in your yard? We had a TV hooked up and set up in the tent and we watched a very scary movie. All I remember is repeating "REDRUM"! I can't watch scary movies anymore! I would mention the other things and "contests" that we had, but too many people read this that I see on a daily basis! Regardless, the memories are great! I hope you had a wonderful day! May God richly bless you throughout the coming year!! Love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES,, I SOooo DO REMEMBER THE "GOOD OL DAYS" THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISH! WE'VE HAD SO MANY TIMES! TOO FUNNY, I AM SMILING RIGHT NOW REMEMBERING TWO D******* WOMEN RIGHT NOW..AND NO IT WASN'T "DRUNK" AS WE WEREN'T!! IT WAS JUST PLAIN CLEAN FUN! THANKS, LOR, GROWING UP WAS WAY FUN WITH YOU!! I'LL NEVER FORGET THOSE TIMES!! LOVE YA! SHELLY

Soltana said...

I remember having those times with friends... it's great to still be friends after all these years...
Soltana

Alleen said...

Nothing like lifelong friends!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...