Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not in a blogging mood!

Sorry gang, I have no news! We are waiting for a PINK slip from the US Embassy, telling us we are approved to travel and bring Sonja home. We are hoping that it comes within two weeks.

(The next step is traveling to Guat. and getting to an appointment that the Embassy has set up for us. We interview, answer questions and then sign the necessary paperwork. The next day we receive her visa, so she can travel back with us and then the following day we can bring her home!) We are anxious for this step to go quickly and smoothly!

I have been home trying to get back into my routine again. I find myself packing and getting ready for the next trip. It will not come soon enough!!

When we were heading home after I came back, my son asked, "So Mom, tell me about my baby sister", "What's she like?" It melted my heart! I'm so glad that he is excited for her to come home!

11 comments:

Crystal said...

HI--I can't believe all of this is happening!!!! I am so excited I cannot think straight!!!!! I hope somehow we are there at the same time!!!! Lori I am so so excited for you!!!!!!

I was cracking up when you said you are trying to get into a routine again--the routines here have flown out the window!!! We are just trying to get everything ready!!!! I am so excited for you --I will be checking back soon!!!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I hope it will be soon for you. Your son is so sweet. His asking about his sister brought tears to my eyes.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I hope it will be soon for you. Your son is so sweet. His asking about his sister brought tears to my eyes.

Kim said...

Hoping for a quick quick quick pink!!!

Jenny and Matt said...

Isn't it amazing that in just weeks, DAYS, you will be bringing your sweet baby girl home!!!

Andrea said...

That is so sweet! It's so heartwarming when siblings are as excited as the parents! Love it!

I am hoping for QUICK pink!!

JuJu - said...

Praying for pink!!

Julia

margaret said...

Wow! This is so exciting! Praying that it goes smoothly and you have her home quickly!

Kerry said...

I can't wait either! Praying for a speedy pink!

Natalie said...

Praying for you to get pink ASAP!

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

Think Pink...

It's all happening..isn't it amazing that she's gonna be home soon?

I think it's sweet that Nico is excited about his baby sister.

Megan

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...