Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Home Sweet Home!

My husband and I just returned from a short little business trip in Waco, TX. Yes, I wrote Waco, TX on purpose!! It was hot and dry! On our return trip, we flew into the airport to find chaos! 1) President Bush was flying in today. 2) 19 TSA Employees were brought to the hospital for eye, ear and throat irritants. We found out what the chaos was on our truck radio while driving home from the airport. I'm really not sure what the full reason for the hospital visit was, but I told my husband what I suspected. If you have been out of it for the last week or so, then you are not aware of the new high level security measures put into place at our airports. NO shampoos, gels, hair spray, makeup, drinks or any other liquid substance is allowed in the cabin of an airplane. I told my husband, I think that it is possible that people are wanting to keep their containers and so they are dumping the contents into a waste basket and there maybe was a chemical reaction! (Or a pepper spray container was opened when another container landed on it.) Just a thought.........hopefully with all of the reporters that were at the airport today, we will find out what it really was! (Then again you will probably not hear a thing because of the President!) Nonetheless it is pretty sweet to be back on MN soil where the weather is cooler! (No offense to my TX friends!)

3 comments:

QueenBee said...

Girl, I'd love to be in Minnesota right about now. I've spent quite a bit of time in the Minneapolis area for business and I booked as many trips as I could during summer!

welch said...

So where did you eat? We could have given you some suggestions for good 'ol Waco. That is where Val and I met.

Lori said...

Hey Chad - I didn't know that!! We actually only ate out twice while there, we were "taken care of" the rest of the time! We ate at a Mexican place called Norino's (?) and then at an IHOP. We had never been to an IHOP before!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...