Friday, January 27, 2006

Peaceful Place For Worship

This is one of the many beautiful views I have out my back window. It has been a tough week, mentally and emotionally. I am so blessed to have a wonderful place to worship with God. Here is a portion of what I read today.....Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:2-8,12 The Holy Bible, New International Version

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

Lori,
What a gorgeous place to worship!

Isn't God good to give us such encouraging words when we need them the most? Especially when we can look out and marvel in the beauty of His creation?

Blessings!

David Michael said...

Lori,

How beautiful! I am sorry you had a tough week. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I featured your question on a new post on www.olderchildadoptee.blogspot.com

I look forward to hearing from you again. Peace

jettybetty said...

How wonderful that you did a mission trip in Ecuador! The movie must have been amazing to you! The scenery blew me away--I love rainforest!
I really did enjoy the movie--it just made really question my comfortable Christianity!

Praise the Father, Praise the Son!

 Happy Easter 2023! Hope you and your families have been having a good Sunday.  Holidays for me have always been anxiety filled. From having...